You're looking for a team where you can drive decisions, be challenged and build a powerful and novel product. You want to collaborate with smart, creative, and energetic people. You’re comfortable with being uncomfortable. You look for projects where you can learn new technologies and techniques. You’re comfortable designing, developing, testing, and launching software. You’re creative. And if this sounds like you, you sound like someone we want on our team.
We're creating a platform to help understand and explore online communities. Day-to-day you’ll work with a rapidly growing team of software engineers, front end engineers, and data scientists. You'll build out systems that can scale and are reliable. Collaborating will be huge, and there's a lot to do - there's no shortage of exciting work. There are a lot of resources available to us and you'll be early in the company. You’ll have a huge impact.
New Knowledge is on a mission to defend public discourse. We build products that repair online communities, identify manipulation, and help them communicate more authentically. In a world where social media is being manipulated on a massive scale, this is no small task. We care about protecting communities, brands, and companies from being targeted by the spreading of disinformation. The kind of people who work with us have to be passionate about that challenge and mission.
While we take our mission very seriously, we are also a team of fun-loving, laid-back, self described geeks who love tacos and topo chico.
Important things in no particular order:
- We have revenue and are VC funded, but this isn’t a Redbull-fueled, brogrammer kind of place.
- The company is based in Austin, and we give preference to candidates who already live in Austin.
- We're building applications from scratch and have the ability to build in the most relevant, latest technologies.
What you'll do:
- Work with data scientists to deploy and build machine learning models
- Interface with research teams to help build APIs to make our models accessible
- Understand how machine learning models work, and how they could possibly apply
- Build test frameworks to ensure reliable prediction outputs
- Interface with Devops to build deployment tools to automate ML model deployments
Who you are:
- You’re comfortable coding, and have a strong technical foundation
- You’re interested in working with, and understanding machine learning models
- You’re comfortable with Python
- You have a passion for learning
- You enjoy working with, and learning from academics
- You’re comfortable experimenting, and care about building reliable software
- You’re creative and tenacious - you don’t give up
- You understand the value and enjoy working as a part of a team
- Building cool things that work excites you
- You thrive off the energy and pace of a small team
- You’re adaptable and looking for new things to work on
- Competitive salary and healthcare
- A business that trusts and embraces technology
- A leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- Use your preference of tools and hardware
- Lots of available and free parking
- Unlimited vacation (and no, that is not code for you never take a vacation, we encourage and value time off)
- Stocked kitchen full of healthy snacks
- Professional development opportunities