New Knowledge monitors and detects disinformation campaigns as they surface online. This helps our users, which include major consumer brands and national security customers, take action against these brand attacks and propaganda campaigns.
We’re looking for a Product Designer join our product team. In this position, you’ll work with product managers, engineers, and data scientists to build functional and beautiful products that help our users easily understand and take action on potential attacks.
In this role, you will:
- Design the look and feel of a market-leading SaaS product, everything from signup flows to new features to the tiniest interaction of exporting a CSV. You’ll define and develop style guides for a growing product and team.
- Prototype and iterate with everything from whiteboard drawings to high-fi mocks. You’ll give and receive a lot of feedback.
- Convey complex concepts with data visualizations and charts. Our data scientists and machine learning engineers found the signal in the noise, and you’ll surface that signal to our users.
- Collaborate to deliver the best product for our users. You’ll work with amazing engineers and data scientists. With them, you’ll explore brand new problem spaces and stretch to make complicated solutions easy to use.
- Design for users. This might include user research and data analysis, investigating competitors, and developing user personas. It will definitely include talking to our users.
- Guide the look and feel of New Knowledge. Of course that means product design but that also includes some non-product work too, like marketing materials and swag (NK-branded dog collars? Why not.).
Your immediate team includes product managers, front-end developers, and full-stack engineers. We work in an agile, iterative environment. You’ll also work with data scientists and research scientists who are applying machine learning to help predict and understand human behavior. Your users include in-house security and domain experts who are just a few desks or a Slack message away.
- You have 3+ years of experience in web app product design. You have experience shipping web apps (not just websites). Bonus points for prior experience product designing B2B solutions, data visualizations, or any sort of dashboard that takes data and turns them into insights.
- You have demonstrated product design skill. You’re proficient in Sketch, Invision, or comparable tools. Your portfolio is fantastic and shows off beautiful designs that are also highly functional. You can speak to how you took a design from idea to wireframes to delivery.
- You’re excited to be the first product designer on a growing product team because you know you can learn, grow, and share what you know. You’re eager to influence a team and a product from the ground up. Maybe you’ve worked at a growing startup before.
- Maybe you don’t write code every day, but you know enough to work well alongside engineers. You know what’s generally trivial or not for HTML, CSS, and React. You know what you need to scale down in a design if the team is in a time crunch.
- You’re empathetic. You strive to understand everybody you work with and everybody who might use your product. You want to fight for them.
- A chance to work on something we feel passionately about with smart, creative, enthusiastic people
- Competitive salary and healthcare, vision, and dental
- A business that trusts and embraces technology
- A leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- Flexible work hours
- Lots of available and free parkingUnlimited vacation (and no, that is not code for you never take a vacation, we encourage and value time off)
- Stocked kitchen full of healthy snacks
- Professional development opportunities